Many start to believe that next generation of social networks belong to mobile platform. Famous social networks for web environment has own app developed for mobile devices and are widely used. However, there are many newly created social networks which only focus on mobiles with unique features the web ones are lacking.
Forget Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc…. Here are interesting networks you should consider joining and spending several hours daily:
- Share and save your experiences wherever you go.
- Get personalized recommendations and deals based on where you, your friends and people with your tastes have been.
- Search for anything (from ‘free wi-fi’ to ‘dumplings’) or browse popular categories.
- Discover insider tips and lists from local experts, brands, and celebrities.
Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see – and follow your friends’ photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you’ll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.??
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support?
- And much much more…
Socialcam is the easiest way to share videos with friends. It makes sharing video from your phone as simple as uploading photos to Facebook. With a few clicks, you’re able to record, tag, and share videos as well as browse, like, and comment on your friend’s videos.
- Unlimited video length and storage
- Upload video while you are recording for fastest possible upload
- Record video offline and it uploads later when you have Internet
- Tag your friends in videos
- Instant notification when you are tagged in a video
- Browse, like, and comment on your friend’s videos
- Share videos with Email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, Posterous, Tumblr, and Dropbox
Path is the personal network where you connect with family and close friends. By limiting you to 150 connections, Path is a safe and trusted place to share the moments that matter with the people who matter most. With a focus on beautiful design and responsiveness, Path is 5-star rated and loved by millions of users.
Easily capture and apply lenses to high quality photos*, check in to places with friends, share your thoughts, and interact with people you truly care about – all through a fast and seamless interface. One button to share content, one feed to see all your friends’ activity.
And for those of you who like to share on public networks like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Foursquare, you can easily check in, upload photos, blog, and tweet directly from Path.
- 5 emotions to interact with your friends’ activity: Smile, Laugh, Gasp, Frown at or Love their moments.
- Capture and share photos with custom-designed lenses and editing features.
- New square and landscape photos, and Glo and Crop tools — use Glo to enhance details in dark or bright photos.
- Check in to locations with friends.
- Share the music you’re listening to, movies you’re watching, and books you’re reading.
- Nudge friends for photos and check-ins.
- Tell your friends when you’re awake and asleep.
- ‘Seen-its’ show you who has viewed your moments and who has visited your Path.
- Private by default – no one can see your Path activity unless you accept them as a friend.
- One tap cross-posting to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Foursquare directly from Path.
Ask questions, get and give opinions, start a conversation…instantly.
- Get tons of responses instantly from the Thumb community
- Feel good helping others by adding your own helpful opinions
- Easily communicate one-on-one with people that share your opinions
- Save stuff that you’re passionate about to create a visual montage of opinions
SayHi – Find People Nearby!
1. Find out people nearby. By finding them with map, you can do video chat with them freely.
2. Interact with people by sending
- Text messages, emojis / text emojis
- Voice messages like walkie talkie
- Pictures taken from camera or choosen from gallery
- Exquisite gifts
3. Check out and see
- Every message’s status, like whether it’s sent successfully or read by others
- Others’ profile, like how far it is from you, what they want to do or whether it’s hot
4. Many fun ways to interact with people by installing various plug-ins
- Change app skin into a totally different look
- Send text emojis
- Pick a topic to talk about among hundreds
- More plugins are coming soon.
Klip Video Sharing
Klip’s optimized HD interface looks stunning on Android’s large displays and delivers the most immersive Klip experience yet!
Klips are short videos that are fun to preview and quick to watch. Capture and store videos of unlimited length on your device and enjoy unlimited uploads for free. Share videos on Klip and on your favorite social networks with the touch of a button.
Dating on mobile is fun.
Badoo – Meet New People
Join the largest location based social network for meeting people in the world!
Badoo is a social network where you can meet new people. With over 150 million users, Badoo is great for chatting, making friends, sharing interests, and even dating! It’s free and easy to use. Find new people near you now!
Want to have lunch with someone new? See who’s in the same nightclub? Date or find love? Or simply chat with someone nearby? Try Badoo now!
Zoosk – friend, chat, dating
Download Zoosk’s free Android dating app to search, flirt with, and meet millions of singles on your phone.
- Free to join
- Easy profile setup
- Simple photo upload
- GPS location-based matches
Tens of thousands of singles join Zoosk online dating every day to flirt, date, or meet a soulmate.
Skout – Meet, Chat, Friend
Expand your social network with the tap of a button. It’s so much fun, you won’t be able to stop. Start Skouting and find your party, make new friends, or meet new people, anytime, anywhere.
Meet people by preference and proximity, chat, see who checked you out, get updates from nearby users, buy and send gifts, save your favorite users, browse profiles and pictures, promote your profile with in-app features, earn points to unlock premium features.