Do you want to start making your first Android app? You can start from these resources:
What you learn from Vogella:
- Android Development Tutorial
- Android Filebased Persistence with Preferences, Filesystem and SD Card – Tutorial
- Android ListView and ListActivity – Tutorial
- Android Intents – Tutorial
- Android SQLite Database and ContentProvider – Tutorial
- Android supporting different screensize
- Android Custom Views – Tutorial
- Android Live Wallpaper – Tutorial
- JSON in Android – Tutorial
- Android Threads, Handlers and AsyncTask – Tutorial
- Android Homescreen Widgets- Tutorial
- Android HTTP Access – Tutorial
- Android XML Processing with the XmlPullParser – Tutorial
- Android Drawables – Tutorial
- Android Styles and Themes – Tutorial
- Android Dialogs
- Android Drag and Drop Tutorial
- Android Logging Tutorial
- Android Service Tutorial
- Android BroadcastReceiver Tutorial
- Android Notifications – Tutorial
- Handling Media with Android – Tutorial
- Location API and Google Map in Android – Tutorial
- Android Source Code – Notes
- Android Gestures – Tutorial
- Android Sensor – Tutorial
- Android Internals
- Android Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) – Tutorial
- Android Animations – Tutorial
- Android Touch
- Android Camera API – Tutorial
- Android Calendar API – Tutorial
- Building Android Application with Apache Ant – Tutorial
- Building Android Apps with Apache Maven
- Android Testing with the Android Test framework, Robotium,
Monkey and Robolectric
- Android Library Projects – Tutorial
What you learn from TutsPlus:
- Android User Interface Design: Layout Basics
- Android User Interface Design: Basic Buttons
- Android User Interface Design: Linear Layouts
- Android UI Fundamentals Challenge: LinearLayout
- Android User Interface Design: Relative Layouts
- Android UI Fundamentals Challenge: RelativeLayout
- Android User Interface Design: Table Layouts
- Android User Interface Design: Frame Layouts
- Android User Interface Design: Building a ListView Application
- Android User Interface Design: Working With Fragments
- Android User Interface Design: Building Application Preference Screens
- Android User Interface Design: Basic Text Controls
- Android User Interface Design: Basic Image Controls
- Android User Interface Design: Working With Dialogs
- Android User Interface Design: Working With Date Picker Dialogs
- Android User Interface Design: Password Confirmation
- Android User Interface Design: The Basics of Control Focus Order
- Android User Interface Design: Radio Buttons
- Android User Interface Design: Horizontal View Paging
- Android User Interface Design: Icon Design
- Android User Interface Design: Creating a Numeric Keypad with GridLayout
HelloAndroid provides more in-depth tutorials about advanced feature development.
5. Android Libraries
Reduce your time in developing apps with libraries.
6. Free sprites and sounds to develop apps.
Don’t have money to hire designer? Need temporary sprites to make demo game?
Discover how to build and successfully market android ppps with 150+ page guide.
What you get:
- The Basics of App Design & Development
- Creating Fully Working Applications
- Important Application and Games Business Models
- Marketing & Spreading the word about your Application
- The Most Effective App Monetisation Strategies
- Strategies for Gaining The Edge on The Competition
- Independent App Developers Success Stories
This book will show you anyone can make simple Android apps. It provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process of getting your first Android apps up and running on Google Play via examples.
Donn Felker, author of this book and an Android programming experts, will help you making your first Android app. Donn’s book will help you discover every aspect of Android platform with 2 sample apps.
What you can learn:
- How to download the SDK
- Prepare Eclipse and ADT plugin
- Code Android apps using Java and Android SDK
- Submit your finished apps to the Google Play
AppInventor was developed by Google with a purpose in mind which is to allow everybody develop Android apps within drag-and-drop interface. It is a visual language that depends on simple programming blocks which users can drag and drop to make apps. This useful book provides you a set of fully coded apps, complete with their programming blocks, which you can optimize for own use or use as a starting point for developing the next killer app.
6. Jump Into Android: Create A Battery Level Widget (TutsPlus)
In this detailed HTML text tutorial, you will be guided through each step in the task of developing a battery level widget app. You can learn how to create a widget app for the Android platform and how to update the widget using system data.
7. Building Android Apps with Flex (TutsPlus)
This tutorial is 20 seconds shy of 60 minutes taking you from the beginning to end of building an Android application using the Flex framework and Adobe Air.
8. Mobile Database Interaction (TutsPlus)
In this 1hr 47min video we will go though building a social network checkin application that runs on both iOS and Android phones from the same code base using Adobe Air and Flex. This tutorial will teach you how to interact in an Adobe Air application with a PHP and MySQL backend.
9. Android User Interface Development: Beginner’s Gui (TutsPlus)
- Leverage the Android platform’s flexibility and power to design impactful user-interfaces
- Build compelling, user-friendly applications that will look great on any Android device
- Make your application stand out from the rest with styles and themes
- A practical Beginner’s Guide to take you step-by-step through the process of developing user interfaces to get your applications noticed!
10. PhoneGap and Dreamweaver CS5.5 / CS6 Tutorials (TutsPlus)
This incredible 14 hour course has been divided in 6 Sessions:
- Session 1: Getting Setup with Dreamweaver CS5 .5 or CS6 and an Intro to PhoneGap – Nearly 3 Hours!
- Session 2: PhoneGap’s Camera API , Events API , or GeoLocation API – Over 2 Hours
- Session 3: Contacts API and Compass API – Over 2 Hours!
- Session 4: Using Dreamweaver CS6 with PhoneGap and Storage API
- Session 5: Capture API and Media API
- Session 6: File API
This is the way for one to create Android app without programming knowledge. App is created fast, simple and most of them are cross-platform ready. However, their features are limited and you need to pay an amount tor remove ads or sign apps.
Create apps from web content.
- Distribute your App through our network for Free.
- Use HTML 5 to add advanced features and enhance user experience.
- Send pop-up notifications right to your apps.
- Earn money. Sell apps or get paid every time someone clicks ads in your apps.
- See how many of your apps have been installed and used.
- Let your users share your apps on social networks.
With Andromo, anyone can make a professional Android app. There’s no programming required, plus Andromo generates 100% pure native Android apps. Use your app to promote your business, share events and news, or launch your million dollar idea. It’s quick, easy and hassle-free.